PATTERNIST / FIT TECHNICIAN freelancer
JOELLE specializes in the creation and production of women's ready-to-wear clothing. Our mission is to offer our customers an unpretentious fashion world, while remaining close to our community.
In the growth and optimization phase, we are looking for a Freelance Pattern Designer / Fit Technician to whom we will offer recurring contracts. Do you have an eye for detail, are you autonomous, reliable and rigorous? Continue reading this offer, this position is definitely for you.
At JOELLE, we advocate work-family balance. It is therefore important for us to help you create the balance between the two. We offer you the possibility of carrying out 100% of your tasks remotely. Do you want to work in the office instead? You will be able to do your work in hybrid mode. By teleworking, hybrid work or in the office, you can adjust your schedule flexibly ( arrival and departure time ) to have the possibility of finishing at 12 p.m. on Fridays. You will therefore be able to take advantage of your autonomy.
- Help the design team develop collections;
- Create patterns;
- Study the designer's sketches to ensure the feasibility of the garment and give appropriate comments when required;
- Create patterns faithful to the sketch, ensuring that all details are indicated (location of buttons, pleats, pockets, etc.);
- Create initial garment technical files (tech pack), including measurement specifications for new garments and grading rules, where applicable;
- Measure samples to ensure that their fits and construction meet the specifications and desired appearance of the garment;
- Participate in fitting sessions and suggest corrections to ensure a perfect clothing fit;
- Participate in quality control of production and samples received according to the guidelines and standards put in place;
- Perform 2D pattern correction in Optitex;
- Perform all other tasks assigned by the production manager.
- Hold a professional studies diploma (DEP) or a college diploma (DEC) or DEC in fashion design;
- Have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in a similar position;
- Have excellent mastery of grading and pattern making standards;
- Possess technical knowledge regarding garment construction;
- Master the Office Suite;
- Mastery of Optitex software is considered an asset;
- Mastery of Illustrator software is considered an asset;
- Have a good ability to manage several projects at once;
- Be meticulous and pay particular attention to details;
- Demonstrate a great sense of organization;
- Master French and English, both oral and written;
- Have a good ability to adapt to changing situations in a constantly evolving environment.
Does all this mean something to you? Send us your application to email@example.com , we absolutely want to meet you!
* The masculine gender is used without any discrimination and for the sole purpose of lightening the text.